The new name is....

We have decided, after going back and forth, that we are changing out little boy's name. As much as we loved Grayson, we just couldn't get past the name calling that could potentially come along with it. If our last name was anything but Loving, we would stick with the name but with both names together, we just couldn't do that to our little boy. I would feel really awful if he came home from school one day crying because kids were calling him names and we had talked about changing his name to prevent such name calling.

Now, we're still perfectly aware that our new name could also have some bad nicknames. We're happy though, that it won't be the nickname we were concerned about with Grayson.

So... drum roll please...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Our little boy's name is:

Colson David

Colson means 'son of Nicholas' so I find it rather appropriate! :o) Plus, I think it has the same feel as Grayson. I love that it's a bit unique but Cole as the shortened version is a common name.  David is not only Nick's middle name but it is his late grandpa's name and my dad's name so Colson will have a solid family name as well. (Just like Hannah's middle name is my middle name: Danielle)

So there ya have it!
It feels so good to have finally made the decision and be able to call him by name! :o)

Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Love it what a great name, I think your guys last name is very cool, but understand the concern with Grayson which was so cute, but I think Colson is just as cute, congratulations, Im also due in March :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)