I Want My Kitchen!

I am so ready to move so I have a nice kitchen to work in!  

Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful that we have been able to stay in Nick's grandma's house and not have to pay a mortgage, but her house is a little old and a tad bit small in the kitchen area.  The oven doesn't even tell you when it is completely preheated which makes things a little difficult. I have not really been able to cook they way I usually cook... I just try to find things that are easier to make.

So I can't until we have our brand new appliances to work with!  
I can actually start 'cooking' again!  :o)

Stainless Steel Kenmore 30 in. Gas Freestanding RangeStainless Steel Kenmore 30 in. Microhood CombinationStainless Steel LG 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

Oh, and we can't wait until we have a dishwasher!  Oh how we miss that!  :oP

But, since I have been making 'easy' meals, I thought I would post what I plan on making tonight. 


It's Basil Chicken Over Angel Hair Pasta.  YUM! 
I hope its tastes as good as the photo looks!

INGREDIENTS:
1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 cups boneless chicken breast
halves, cooked and cubed
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:
1.  In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
2.  In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
3. Toss sauce with hot cooked angel hair pasta to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.


Photobucket

1 comment

  1. mmmmm that looks really good! Let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)