Show Us Your Life—What Is Your Typical Day?

In following with Kelly's Show Us Your Life Friday, here is my typical day.

I wake up about 9:00 and jump on the computer to catch up on emails, read blogs, check twitter, news, etc. before Hannah wakes up. I usually hear Hannah playing in her crib around 10. Yes, my kid sleep until 10 o'clock. I am very lucky that she takes after her father in this department. Once I hear her playing I'll get breakfast ready. After breakfast we play for about 2 hours in the living room.


Hannah takes her afternoon nap around 12 for an hour or two. During this nap, I will try to get some laundry done or do a little house work. I'll try to get in some sort of workout. Or if I have design work to do I will try to get that finished. I might also sneak in a shower! :oP Hannah will wake up around 1:30 and we'll have lunch (or maybe just a big snack). We'll play for a couple hours or sometimes I'll run errands or head to my moms to visit for a bit.

Hannah usually takes her evening nap around 4:30. During this time I will browse the internet for a bit, and then get dinner ready. If I have said laundry pilling up on the couch (I hate to fold laundry) I will try to get that folded before Nick comes home. I am also trying to sneak in my workout during this time if I don't get it in during Hannah's first nap. Nick comes home at 5:30 so we will either eat while Hannah is still sleeping or we will wait until she wakes up around 6:30 and we'll all eat together. After dinner I'll usually give Hannah a bath and we'll get her pjs on. We'll play for another couple hours but Hannah is usually in bed by 8:30 or 9 o'clock.

After Hannah goes to bed, if I couldn't get my workout in, I try to do it before bed. I really just need to be more disciplined and wake up earlier and do it then. Blah! Nick and I will relax on the couch, watch a movie or tv. I might jump on the computer one more time before bed. I'm usually in bed by 11 or 12.


So that is my day. Sometimes I slack off on some cleaning or something...like in this case I have tons of shirts staring at me, that need to be ironed. I hate ironing and I'm finding it hard to find 'time' to iron them. But I try to make it so things don't get too backed up...although my husband might disagree.  :oP You'd think that being home all day, you would have tons of time to do things but with a 16 month old you kind of have to keep your eyes on her.


Photobucket

4 comments

  1. I am so jealous that you get to sleep until 9am!!! It's a stretch just for me to get to doze in bed until 7am with a jumpy 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure my day will come where Hannah decides she wants to wake up at 7. and I'm sure the one nap a day is coming too. Which is going to totally ruin the schedule I have going on! :oP
    Sometimes I feel guilty about sleeping that late and I will set my alarm for 8 so I can get things done before she wakes up...but our darn blackout curtains make me change my mind once that alarm goes off. :o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are late sleepers too, when they're not in school. I love it! I love the name Hannah too, we almost used it for our last baby. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Absolutely love your blog!

    So here is a question I've been debating with Kelly Stamps of KellysKorner:

    If you father-in-law died - and he had a good, close relationship with your husband - would you attend his funeral?

    Do you think being pregnant is a reason not to drive 4-5 hours to attend your father-in-law's funeral? Assuming of course you are otherwise healthy and having a normal pregnancy?

    Of course, I'm sure you said "HECK YES"!! I would attend my father-in-law's funeral and NEVER think about abandoning my husband and his family during such a sad time!

    Well, if you can believe it, there is one of our fellow bloggers named Melissa Stafford who can't be bothered to attend her father-in-law's funeral. Her father-in-law died earlier this week of cancer. She couldn't be bothered to go and visit him and now won't go to the funeral.

    Melissa is pregnant. But she is going to the gym all the time, going shopping, going out to lunch with her friends. In other words, there is no health-related reason for her not to go to the funeral.

    Can you believe this? Isn't this woman cruel and un-Godly? How can she be so mean and cold and neglect her husband at his time of need?

    Truly unbelievable! Let her know what you think. Read the whole story here: http://staffordmoments.blogspot.com

    Please pray for this woman and hope that God will forgive her cruelty, selfishness and cold, uncaring behaviour towards her poor husband (who by the way just lost his job and is unemployed).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)