I'll Never Do That!



I'm linking up with Melissa over at Growing Up Geeky for this weeks Toddle Along Tuesday: things you said you would never do when it comes to your kids.

After becoming a parent, I realize that you just have to be flexible and willing to change. Not every kid is the same and not every parent parents in the same way.

But as long as my kids are happy and healthy and learning new things...the things on my 'never' list don't seem as important.

1. I won't let me kids watch tons of television.

Yeah, that was fine with Hannah until she was about two. She would rarely watch tv and if she did, it was one or two cartoons a day. But at around the age of two, I was 6 month pregnant and sometimes just needed a break. Her main cartoon was The Backyardigans. She loved them! And it gave me some time to relax.

Now with two kiddos, cartoons are on most of the morning. Colson doesn't pay much attention to them yet but when that dang hotdog dance comes on he drops what he's doing to watch and dance along.

Do I think that Hannah will 'turn out better' than Colson because she started watching cartoons at a later age? Of course not! If what they are watching is also teaching them things, then I believe that is good! Hannah learned her alphabet by watching a Leap Frog DVD.

Plus, now it's the only way I can get anything done!

2. I will never own a van!

Okay, this one I am going to stick too! And while we still own my husbands 'honey wagon' that he drove in high school...I will never ever ever go up to a van when we are car shopping and say to my husband: "Oh, honey, I like this van!"

Yeah, it's not ever going to happen!

3. I will never give my girl bangs.

It's not that bangs are bad...it's just that I don't prefer them on little girls. It's my own preference.

4. I will never smell my kids butt or use spit to clean their face.

I mean, seriously? That's just gross. But I do it! And I do it in public and I'm not ashamed.

5. I will never bribe my kids.

Ummm, okay, yes I will!

"Hannah, if you're a good girl in the store I'll buy you a toy!"

Yeah, that's been done! Toys, cookies...whatever works and keeps her from being a crazy three year old while I am trying to grocery shop! :o)


I'm sure there are more but I just can't remember them right now!

What did you say you would never do?

5 comments

  1. Love your list! I put my foot down on a van as well. I don't care how many kids we end up having I refuse to drive one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I love my van and will never go back. There is just so much room and so easy to get her in and out of the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get a van. :oP
    And you have to smell the but!! Better than pulling down their pants to peak in the diaper.
    This is a good list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the peak too....but smell is usually easier :oP

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)