Hannah's First Haircut

Yesterday was a big day for Hannah—and for mommy. As much as I didn't want to, I gave Hannah her first haircut. And yes, you read that right...her FIRST haircut...at 3 years old.
When I was growing up, me and my sister always had long hair so I knew that I would let Hannah's hair grow out as well. And I love it long. It's got a slight curl to it and it is just beautiful. But there comes a time where it just gets too long, and I decided that that time was yesterday. It needed a little trim.

So, I got out my scissors and a towel and chair, and went to work after I got her out of the bath. I had never cut hair before so I was a little nervous, but I dove right in.

Deep Breath. Ready. Set. Go.



Hannah really had no idea what I was doing since this was her first haircut. She sat pretty still for me... although there were times when she flipped her head around to try to see what I was doing.


Almost done!

Colson, however, was clearly being tortured because we put him in the pack n play for a whopping 10 minutes. Geesh!
Poor kid!
And here is the before and after. I think I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself! :o) 
       
In the end, I would say a good 4 inches was cut from her hair. 

As soon as I was done cutting, I made sure to put the first little lock of hair into her baby book.
*tear*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)