Empty Picture Frames

I have been wanting to put empty old picture frames on our mantel for a long time. I'm not sure where I first saw the idea, but I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! I think it looks super chic but contemporary at the same time.





But its one of those things where I don't just want to go to the store and buy frames. Not only would they be expensive, but that would take some of the fun out of the project. I think it would be great if I could find some old ones at an antique store.





Depending on the quality of the frame, I could either leave them in the state that I find them (which is what I would prefer) or I could always paint them in more exciting colors. Although I'm thinking this might not be the best option for our living room and our paint color.


So I'm thinking that once the weather gets a little nicer outside, Nick and I will hit up a few antique stores. Maybe we'll make a day out of it and travel up to Michigan and find some store, although we do have a few in town.

I think it would be a lot of fun.  If I manage to pull my vision, I will be sure to post some photos! :o)


Photobucket

No comments

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)