Tasty Thursday Blog Hop

I've decided to join the Tasty Thursday Blog Hop hosted by The How To Mommy and Made of Snails.

The recipe I am sharing today is of something I made over the holiday weekend. It seemed to be a hit with everyone. ! :o)

I made a Romaine, Avocado and Corn Salad and the recipe comes from Martha Stewart. It was super easy and really fast to make and was a nice refreshing change to a normal salad. But if you're like me and not a huge fan of avocado, you can always omit the avocado dressing and use a dressing of your choice. Balsamic vinaigrette is my dressing of choice!
photo courtesy of marthastewart.com
Ingredients


  • 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch strips
  • 2 cups fresh corn kernels
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions

1. In a bowl combine the romaine, corn, and cherry tomatoes. Add 3/4 cup of avocado. 

2. Place the remaining avocado in a blender along with 1/3 cup water, lime juice, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper.

3. Pour dressing over the salad; toss gently.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)