Passport Photos

I am currently in the process of renewing my passport (so it's in my married name) and getting the kiddos their passports for vacation in February.


I have left myself a good amount of time to try to get photos of the kiddos to use for their passport. Colson shouldn't be to bad as he is still mostly stationary.


Here are the 'tips' that the government gives for getting a photo of a baby:

1:
Lay your baby on his or her back on a plain white or off-white sheet. This will ensure your baby's head is supported and provide a plain background for the photo. Make certain there are no shadows on your baby's face, especially if you take a picture from above with the baby lying down.
2:
Cover a car seat with a plain white or off-white sheet and take a picture of your child in the car seat. This will also ensure your baby’s head is supported.
Seems easy enough, right!? Maybe. We'll see, I guess.


But getting Hannah's photo is going to be a different story. I can barely get her to cooperate for just a random photo, let alone a photo that has to meet tons of requirements.


So, I just wanted to ask all of my readers if you have taken a passport photo of your child? How did you do it? What tricks did you use?


I'm really hoping that Hannah will just stand and let me take what I need but asking an almost 3 year old to stand still and look at me is definitely easier said than done. :o/


Ugh. This is going to be fun...


I'm sure I will have some pretty funny outtakes though, so I will be sure to post them for you. :oP

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)