Pretzel Rolls and Button Cookies

If you don't know this already, I'll say it again...I am obsessed with Pinterest!
Some of my recent pins include pretzel rolls and button cookies.

I borrowed took hostage my MIL's KitchenAid mixer to make the cookies but decided to take advantage of the mixer and make the pretzels rolls, as well.
So, yesterday I gave the pretzels rolls a try.

On a scale from 1-5 with 5 being difficult, they were about a 3. The recipe itself was super easy to follow with simple ingredients... they were just invloved and time consuming. I had to mix the dough and let it rise for an hour. Then roll each individual roll out and let them rise again for another 30 mintues. After that I had to boil them for 30 seconds on each side in a water and baking soda mixture.
But let me tell you, they were DELISH and very much worth the time! So good!
 
I ended up using them to make chicken and swiss cheese sandwiches. Yum!

Then this morning I starting making button cookies for my SIL's baby shower that is this Saturday. It's amazing how much easier making cookies is when you have a mixer!

The cookies were super easy. I found a simple recipe on allrecipes.com which only called for 4 ingredients: butter, sugar, flour and vanilla.
Batch #1 is finished. I still have a purple batch and a peach batch to go.

 I don't think I am ever going to give the mixer back to my MIL!  :oP

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments

  1. Yes making cookies is SO much easier with a mixer!!

    Also it is time consuming making bread, pizza dough. Pretzels....but so worth it in the end!! Sunday's used to be my 'make pizza dough' day. But that doesn't happen anymore with a baby.

    If you are keeping the mixer hostage for a while longer I have a herb baguette recipe that is oh so good!! Erin compares it to the bread at an Italian restaurant here. Let me know and I'll type it out and send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how long I'll have the mixer...but I'll definitely take the recipe if you're willing to type it out! :o) Thanks! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)