Slowing Down

Often times we rush through our days, waiting for the next big event. We countdown the hours, we constantly check the clock, and then we wonder how the heck it is Thursday already when we haven't even accomplished half of the things on our to-do list.

I am definitely guilty of this. I was counting down to vacation and now here we are, it's October. Now I find myself counting down to Hannah's birthday.

These last few months of the year always fly by. If it's not a birthday party, it's a holiday--Halloween, then Thanksgiving, of which we celebrate three times with different sides of the family, and finally Christmas which again, we celebrate multiple times.

I can't believe Hannah is turning 4. The past few months have flown by, and let's not even talk about the years. I really need to cherish this time of her being small.

I need to take the time to play 'zoo' with her when she asks, to paint with her, to braid her hair. Because one day she won't let me do those things. I need to not be so quick to tell her no or to tell her in a little bit, because one day she will stop asking.

So as the fast part of the year approaches, I am telling myself to slow down. To take a deep breathe and not lose my temper. To let loose and not be so uptight when something doesn't go the way I want or when something isn't done when I want it to be done. For they are only this little for a short amount of time and every time I wish for or countdown to the next event, a little bit of her life passes me by. A little bit of her little-ness that I will never get back.





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments

  1. I've been thinking about this too. How the laundry, dishes, cleaning can wait. Instead I need to sit on the floor and play with Mackenzie. Even if I'm just a jungle gym to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. I was just thinking this the other night. The dishes, laundry, and the rest of the house work can wait. But these years when Emma is little will be gone before I know it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)