Life

Wow, I have really been slacking in the whole Internet socialization scene lately!

But I thought I would do a little 'life' update for each of us.


I have started some side work from home for my old boss so that has kept me busy during what was my only free time for myself...you know, to blog, clean, crochet, relax, etc. I am now having to disperse my time a little differently and I haven't really gotten used to it just yet...at least, that's my excuse as of right now. I've got my hands full with two independent and strong-willed kiddos so they are definitely keeping me busy, as well!

July is already half over and I can't believe that Colson is going to be 18 months old in...15 days! In the past week his vocabulary has really taken off! I swear, he is just growing up too fast! He is definitely becoming a little man and is definitely starting to stand up to his sister. He makes it known when she does something that he doesn't like! He loves to read books and play with cars. Nick and I are planning to take him out to the store to pick out a few new matchbox cars. I'm sure it will be 'vroom, vroom' overload for the little guy! :o)

Hannah is practicing writing her letters and on a good day (aka, one where she has the patience to sit and actually TRY) she will write her name or any other word I write down on a piece of paper. But most days there is too too much going on for her to sit any longer than 5 minutes to practice! She is also starting to understand counting so we try to real dimly work on that as well.

Nick is enjoying his new job. He has been super busy with meetings and business dinners but it's awesome that they are including 'the new guy'. I can tell that he is so much happier when he come homes and that makes me happy. He works very hard for us and I am very proud of him!

We are sneaking up ever closer to our 5 year wedding anniversary. Although when put into perspective, that is only 1/3 of our total relationship. We have been together 16 years which is just craziness. Those years haven't been without their ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I am very much looking forward to a little getaway with just the hubs come September. I think we deserve it! :o)


Life is definitely good!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments

  1. Sounds like your busy!!
    Can't wait to fun out where you end up for your anniversary trip. Can't believe it's been 5 years!! That means Erin and I have been together 7 years. Wow!
    And good luck balancing work. You'll figure it out.aybe you can lay the tile and if basement gets done soon that'll help since the kids could play while you work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! Either way, it's time with the hubs, so it will be great!
      And yeah, the tile laying was going to happen last weekend...BUT we still have to move a wall and that requires help. Who know when we'll get it done. :o(
      But yes, it would be nice to be able to work right there with them playing in the next room.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)