He's Here!

Man, it's been a while since I have been able to make a post...I'm sure you are all wondering where I have been.

Well, I had my last doctor's appointment on Tuesday because I was being induced the following morning. I go to my doctor's appointment and get checked out. I am 4 cm dilated. My doctor then asks me if I just want to head to the hospital right then and get induced and avoid driving in the big snow storm that was coming that evening/Wednesday. Ummm...while totally freaked out, I agreed and called Nick to tell him I was on my way to the hospital. Luckily that morning I had thrown our hospital bag in the car and had gotten all of Hannah stuff in order...just in case.

I got to the hospital at around 11:30. They got me all settled in my room and got my IV started. My doctor arrived at around 12:30 and broke my water at 12:40. There was no turning back! He told me that he didn't expect it to take any longer than a few hours....which is just crazy because I was in labor with Hannah for 26 hours.

They checked me again at 2:00 and I was already 6cm. The contractions where there but they weren't too bad...but after they checked me they started to get stronger. By 3:00 I was 7cm and the nurse told me that if I wanted to get the epidural, that I should get it now because she honestly didn't even know if I would get it in time, I was dilating that fast. By 3:30 the anesthesiologist was there to give me my epidural. He had quite a hard time getting it in place, while the whole time by contractions were crazy strong. I was getting scared that he might not get the epidural in at all. Finally after about 20 minutes of trying, he got my epidural in.

As soon as I was back laying in bed they checked me...I was 9.5 cm dilated and my doctor was on his way. By 4:00 I was pushing and after 3 contraction our little man was here!

Colson David born at 4:16pm weighing in at 8 pounds even and measuring 20.5 inches long.

So from start to finish, my labor lasted a little over 3 and a half hours. Craziness!



He is absolutely perfect and so far, he has the same demeanor as Hannah did when she was born.  He sleeps all the time and is hardly ever fussy! The only time he is really ever fussy is when he is naked/we're changing his diaper. 

Our first night home, he was up at 1am and 5 am to eat and then slept the whole rest of the night. Last night was a little worse but still nothing to complain about...he ate at 12:30 but then was up again at 2:30 because he pooped. Then he ate and 4am and again at 8am and slept the rest of the time.

He might just be the cutest thing ever--besides Hannah, of course! 
Here are a few more pictures.




All ready to go home!  :o)


And because I'm sure you are all wondering if Colson looks like Hannah did when she was born...here is a side-by-side comparison.

Hannah                                                Colson
DSC_9868.JPG.jpg 

I think they definitely have their similarities!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments

  1. Yay! Congrats mama!! He is gorgeous! I just love his cheeks! Glad your labor was so much faster this time around and that everything went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the perfect birth story!!

    My mom and I think that he TOTALLY looks like a boy. I bet you will rarely be asked if your baby is a girl. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally....I've been stalking you for days to see this. :oP He's just adorable. 18 days and we will see if he is getting a best friend in July or a future girl friend. :oP

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)