Dinner

I thought I would post what I made for dinner tonight.  I have made it a lot and I have altered it and randomly changed some ingredients due to what I have in the fridge that day... but every time it comes out great!  This is one of our favorites!

It's rosemary and red pepper flaked chicken breasts served with vegetables all in a chicken broth sauce. Then I serve it over angel hair pasta. YUMMY!  

The original recipe called for cherry tomatoes and onion, and I have made it with those and its fabulous; but I didn't have that in the fridge... so today I made it with a green and red pepper, asparagus and canned stewed tomatoes.  I might like this version the best!

Here is my attempt at a recipe:

(for two people)
2 chicken breasts seasoned with rosemary and red pepper flakes (add less pepper flakes if you don't want it too spicy)
1 small green pepper cut into thin stripes
1 small red pepper cut into thin stripes
5-8 stalks of asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can of italian style stewed tomatoes
2 cups of chicken broth
angel hair pasta (however much you think you need for two people)

1. Cook pasta and drain.

2. Cook vegetables until tender and remove from heat.


3. Cook chicken until mostly cooked.

4.  Add the vegetables, stewed tomatoes and chicken broth to the chicken.


5.  Simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked all the way through.

6.  Serve over angel hair pasta. (I always spoon a bit of the sauce over everything as well)


If you try the recipe let me know how you like it!  Like I said, this is one of our favorites! :o)


Photobucket

1 comment

  1. 3x in one day! I didn't feel like a stalker checking your blog 20x.

    and we might have to try that meal. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)