Hailey's 2 Week Appointment

Hailey had her 2 week doctors appointment yesterday.

Here are her stats:

weight: 7 lbs 4 ounces (20%)
length: 19 inches (8%)

At birth she was 7 lbs 10 ounces and 19.75 inches (I don't think the pediatricians are ever accurate at the length measurement because I do not believe my child actually shrunk! :oP) so she is not quite back  up to birth weight. They usually like to see them get back to their birth weight by two weeks and since she didn't, I have to take her in for a weight check next week. Otherwise the doctor said she looked good. :o)

She is awesome in the sleep department. That is all she ever really does. She gives me good 4-5 hour stretches at night which is AWESOME! Hopefully it continues.

She still fits comfortably into newborn clothes so I see her wearing those for at least another couple weeks.

She is just such a joy in our lives and we couldn't love her any more. :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments

  1. We were in the same boat with Mila and her weight. She was back up to birth weight by the next week. Also, they measured her length smaller at the doc office then at birth too. Oh well. :) these September babies are doing good in the sleep dept! So glad she is sleeping for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure she'll be where she needs to be next week. Although I am no stranger to the weight checks with Colson. Hopefully this is the only one little Miss Hailey has!

      Delete
  2. Mackenzie 'shrunk' at one of her appointments I think it was her one month and the dr made the nurse measure her again. What's up with these babies not getting to birth weight?! You know all about Patrick's baby. Guess Ethan will have to show these girls how it's done. :oP But not until December. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)