1st Family Vacation—Part 1

Last week, we were no where close to home.

We had ventured out on our 1st family vacation. Yes, you read that right... FAMILY vacation...with a 1 and 3 year old. Are we crazy? Slightly! But we had a blast! We left on my husband's 30th birthday! :o)

Where did we go, you ask?

To the beautiful island of Grand Cayman.

Although, I told my in-laws (who were also on vacation with us) that I was going to tell everyone who asked me that question, that I went on vacation to every bathroom from here to Grand Cayman. I swear, Hannah had to pee in every bathroom we came across...three times alone in the bathroom on the flight down to Miami. Ugh. (YAY family vacation!)

Anyways....so while you where seeing a few random blog posts by me... I was actually no where near my computer, but rather, I was enjoying the sun and the sand. A far cry from the dreary cold weather back here in the midwest and a very welcomed change!


I figured it might be best to break up my posts about our vacation and have a few short ones instead of a super long post.

So we'll start off with our first few days.

To say I was stressing about the plane ride, would be an understatement. I had no idea how they would act.
Luckily, they were pretty perfect.
Hannah eventually fell asleep and when she wasn't sleeping she was coloring or playing on her Leap Pad.
And Colson just hung out...like he always does.
Neither one of them had problems with their ears...at least on the flights there. One the flight home, Hannah had a bit of trouble but nothing too crazy. You could just tell she was uncomfortable.
We got into Grand Cayman in the late afternoon. The first thing we did was change out of our 'cold weather clothes' and into our shorts. Ahhhh, it was great! I had never been on a vacation where I left one season and ended up in another. It was so nice to not have to wear a coat! And my feet were loving the flip flops! :o)

We headed to the beach by our hotel (The Grand Caymanian, for those who are wondering). It was beautiful.
That is our hotel behind me and Colson.

To celebrate Nick's 30th birthday, we went out to dinner that night.
This is what I got. Can we say, YUM!?
 The following morning, we headed to the beach.
Colson was investigating the sand. It took him a while to get used to it. At first he wasn't too sure he wanted to stand in it, let alone play in it.
 Hannah couldn't get to the sand fast enough!
Then we got our swim gear on and headed for the pool.

Colson was not a fan of his swim hats, at first.

Hannah is a fish. She loved everything about swimming. I feel bad that she now has to wait another 4 months before she can go swimming again. :o(
Monday morning we headed to the Turtle Farm. It was pretty cool and deserves its own blog post! :o) So I will post photos from that soon!

Later that day, since there were no cruise boats on the island, we decided to do a little shopping in George Town.


Now, I don't want you to think that our kids never took a nap. They needed to take a nap. It wasn't even an option to let them go without a true nap. So everyday we came back up into the room and put them down for about a 2 hour nap. Colson slept in a pack n play in the living room while Hannah slept in the bedroom. Not once did we have a problem. Colson did pretty well adjusting from his normal 2 nap a day schedule to just one nap. I think they were both just exhausted from swimming and playing each morning that they went down with no problem!

As for me and Nick during those two hours??? We had some friendly games of Yahtzee out on our balcony.

I mean this was our view. Can you think of a better view while playing Yahtzee? I can't! :o)
And we would enjoy these. Conch Fritters! OMG! So good!

Okay, vacation—part 2 post coming soon! :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment

  1. Wow, looks like a beautiful vacation and I LOVE CONCH FRITTERS TOO!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)