Colson's 1st Day of Preschool

Colson had his first day of preschool last Wednesday (9.8.15).


Before we left for school we got some photos at the house. At this point he was excited to go to school. We tried talking up school to make him excited--that his sister went there and it's the same teachers that she had. But I knew deep down that he was going to have a hard time with us leaving him there (the complete opposite of Hannah, who I had to chase down to get a goodbye kiss).



He even picked some "flowers" for his teachers.



He walked into school and hung his bag on his hook like a big boy. He looked so big!



And then the dreaded moment...it was time for us to leave. Cue the tears. It broke this mama's heart but we had to leave him. His teachers are awesome though and took him up to the room.

About 2 hours into school though,  his teacher sent me this photo. He was all smiles and loving every minute!

We were so relieved! We had high hopes that day 2 of school would be better! Yeah, not so much. More tears.

Day 3…more tears.

But today…on day 4 of school...Colson walked right into school like a big boy, hung his bag on his hook, washed his hands and turned to me and said "bye mom!". He gave Hailey a hug and a kiss and for the first time, I was able to get a goodbye hug! I told him to have a great day and he went up to the classroom. No tears!!

It's a huge milestone for him and I couldn't be more proud. I hope we have happy goodbyes from here on out!

Everyday when I pick him up he tells me all of the things he did that day--painting, hiking, playing in the sandbox, so I think he is really enjoying it!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment

  1. I wish Mackenzie could go to that preschool. Her favorite part of school is playing outside. :o)
    Our first two kids are so alike! I already see Ethan being like Colson. Glad he's loving school!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)