DIY Burp Clothes

If you have been following my blog, you know that I love a good DIY craft project.

When I got pregnant, I knew I wanted to try my hands at making some burp clothes because honestly, those things are not cheap to buy.

Well, I finally got around to sewing some the other day and I thought I would put up a very tiny tutorial. :o)

I had 10 Ikea kitchen towels sitting in my office that I bought for another project that were the perfect size--so that is what I used for the absorbent part of the burp cloth. You could also just buy terry cloth or chenille fabric. For the decorative part, I bought some cotton fabric and some flannel fabric.

Then, I made a template for cutting the towels and fabric. After some research, I decided on a 17x9 inch peanut shaped burp cloth. I used a plastic bowl to trace around to get my nice curved edges.


Then, I cut out my pieces, leaving a good 1/2 inch to an inch of extra fabric for my inseam--which resulted in my fabric pieces measuring about 18x10 inches.


I pinned the two pieces together--right sides together, and sewed around the edge remembering to leave a good 2 inch opening to be able to turn my burp cloth right side out.


After turning my burp cloth right side out, I pinned the opening closed and sewed around the edge.


That's it! Pretty darn easy! I love how they turned out!


2 comments

  1. It NEEDS to be Thursday for so many reasons!! One....to buy fabric and make lots an lots of baby things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! And the colors are perfect for either baby boy or baby girl...even though i'm certain you are having a girl!! =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)