Appointments

Yesterday was my first round if 'high risk' testing.

I don't like to use the term high risk though. My doctor has never actually said these words to me and I feel like they are a bit extreme for my circumstances. While I do have pre hypertension, things could definitely be worse!

I prefer to think that my OB is just being overly cautious just incase my pregnancy does reach the scary stage! And that is fine by me! Better to be proactive than to sit there and have something be wrong with the baby!

Regardless though, because of this testing, I guess I am technically high risk.

Everything went well yesterday.

I had my ultrasound at 9:30 and the tech got all the measurements she needed. The baby wasn't in the best position, plus the cord and a hand were in front of its face so we didn't get a great shot.


She then switched it to the 3d and I got to see a little bit of the babies face--chubby cheeks and precious lips! :o)

And...I did not peak at the sex! Go me! :oP

After my ultrasound, I headed up to labor and delivery for my NST.

I got all hooked up to the contraction and heartbeat monitor and got to listen to the beautiful heartbeat for about 45 minutes.


Baby was moving like crazy and everything looked good!

So, one round down. 9ish more NSTs to go and 3ish ultrasounds. Hopefully my blood pressure doesn't decide to spike and everything continues to look good!

2 comments

  1. Glad it was a great "check-up"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went so well!!! Hopefully it will stay that way!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)