We're Building A Home!!

We built our current home when I was pregnant with Hannah. We have been here six years. 

When we built it, we saw ourselves with 2 kiddos so it's a 3 bedroom 2 bath home. It worked for us and was plenty big but when we decided to have a third child, we knew that we would eventually have to move.

That moment has finally come and we couldn't be more excited! 

I designed the house myself--combining bits and pieces that we liked from other house plans. I spent A LOT of time on it and after some stress and a few tears, we finally got it perfect. 

The kiddos will have their own room plus a playroom, we'll have a kitchen with a large island, and we'll have a mudroom with lockers for the kiddos to put coats and backpacks.

We met with a designer over a month ago to finish things out and make our blueprint files and we just got all the documents back from him.

Now we're at the permit stage so hopefully we will be breaking ground in the next couple weeks.

I am very excited--not only for myself because I designed it and I get to see it come to life, but because we are doing this for the kids. I am excited for them to watch our house being built. My parents built their home when I was Hannah's age and I still remember a lot from the process. Playing in the poured basement after it rained because there was 2 inches of water in it...building forts with the cabinet and appliance boxes...doing cartwheels in the freshly carpeted living room...putting our handprints in the wet cement of the driveway...

I am excited to photograph every step along the way because this is a big deal for them--and for our family.

So stay tuned for home updates here on the blog and be sure to follow me on Instagram for what will probably be an annoying amount of home building photos. #thelovingsbuildahome

2 comments

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! And well, jealous too! haha =) Congrats to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Congrats. So fun that it is a work of love from you too. That will be nice to see come to life.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)