Christmas Tree Decorating

We wasted no time decorating the tree this year. It was in the house and ready to go the day after we cut it down.

I put the lights and the garland on and them I pulled out all the ornaments and separated them out for the kids.

I relinquished a lot of control this year when it came to the ornaments. Last year I let Hannah and Colson put on a decent amount but I put up the majority of them. This year, I really tried to let them decorate the whole bottom of the tree, while I handled just the top.

I gave them a few guidelines and them let them go to town and they ended up doing rather well. Even Hailey managed to get a few onto branches but really, most of hers ended up piled onto the tree skirt. :oP




I only moved a few of their ornaments after all was said and done, so I am rather proud of myself. :o)

And a tree is not perfect until the star is placed on the top so we let every kid have a little turn at either putting the start on the tree or straightening it out one is was already up.

Hailey got to go first but she couldn't actually get in on the tree.

So Colson went next and was able to put it up.

Then Hannah straightened it out so it looked perfect. :o)

I think our tree turned out beautifully this year. Maybe my most favorite on yet!!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)