Welcoming in 2009!

Tomorrow we welcome in 2009.  It always seems like just as I get used to writing the correct year, we move onto the next....

But this year has definitely been one to remember.  I thought 2007 was great! I married the love of my life, my high school sweetheart, Nick.


But I had no idea that 2008 would be so much better!  When we decided we wanted to try to have a child, I never thought that it would happen on the first try... especially coming off of birth control.  But at the beginning of March, we found out the great news!  :o)


I think I speak for both myself and Nick when I say that we were shocked!  But at the same time we were excited and so extremely blessed!  

The beginning of my pregnancy was uneventful.  I had no morning sickness so I was very fortunate.  Because of this the days and even months seemed to pass by so quickly.  The baby was developing perfectly!  We heard the heartbeat on May 8th and on May 28th (one day before my birthday) we saw our beautiful baby on screen!  We were having a GIRL!  :o)


Again, the next few months went by without any problems.  Nick and I went on a little babymoon and I had my baby shower.  I then started going to the doctor every two weeks.  We were coming to the end!  But no sooner did I start my two week appointments, did I develop high blood pressure.  My doctor was keeping on eye on me but it did not go down.  Then I started to get constant headaches.  So at my doctors appointment on October 20th I found out that I was going to be induced.  The big day was going to be October 24th.  I would be 37 weeks and 6 days when I headed to the hospital.

After 25 hours in the hospital and only 30 minutes of pushing, our beautiful girl came into the world.  


She is perfect in every single way!  I cannot picture my life without her.  I love her more than words could ever explain. And to think that about 34 weeks earlier we had just found out that we were expecting.


This year has definitely been the best year of my life!  I have a wonderful husband and now a beautiful little girl to shower with love and watch grow.  She is already two months old and I can't believe how fast time is flying.  She is so big already.



So as I ring in 2009 tonight, I only hope that this coming year is as fabulous as this past one.  I will watch Hannah meet and pass milestones like rolling over, crawling, walking, saying her first words... I'm sure 2009 will pass even more quickly.  But I plan to savor every moment and truly enjoy the little things!  Hannah will not be little forever but she will forever be documented through photos and video, of which I will be sure to share with all of you!  :o)

Hannah-my sweet baby girl, 
Mommy loves you so much... more than you will ever know!  You are the most precious gift that I could have ever received! You truly are the light in my life!

Nick-my loving husband,
I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.  Thank you for such a beautiful daughter.  This has been the most surreal but wonderful journey!



Happy New Year to everyone!  May 2009 be a great year for you! 

Photobucket

No comments

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)