My First Mother's Day

I had a wonderful first mother's day!

Nick surprised me with a gift certificate to the salon. YAY! Now I can finally get my hair cut and colored... two things that I have not done since two months before Hannah was born. When you're a mom, sometimes luxuries like that are few and far between, especially when you build a house along with it. But I get to pamper myself and I cannot wait! I think I will call tomorrow to schedule my appointment! :o)

Hannah also got me a tree. Well I haven't gotten it yet because 'Hannah' (daddy) wants me to pick it out. So I'm sure we'll do that this week or this weekend. But I will cherish this gift forever! Not only will I be able to watch Hannah grow, but I will have this tree to watch grow and it will remind me of the very first mother's day! :o) Now I just wonder what I am going to get... hummm...

Later in the afternoon we had the two families come over for shish kabobs. My brother-in-law was nice enough to man the grill for us. Everything was fabulous! It was really nice to have both of our moms over to celebrate the day.

I still can't really believe that I am a mom and that I just had my first (of many) mother's days. It makes me feel old... its kind of weird. But I wouldn't change it for anything. I love my daughter more than anything is this world! I only hope that I am as good of a mom as my mother was to me. I hope that my daughter looks up to me and comes to me for advice. I hope that one day my daughter will not only think of me as her mother, but think of me as a friend.

I look forward to many more mother's days! :o)









Photobucket

No comments

I'd love to hear from you!! :o)