- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons broth until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in the green pepper, mushrooms, bay leaf, oregano, basil, pepper and remaining broth.
- Bring to a boil. Add the rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Add the spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.